- 2013 CPT® Code Changes
- The American Medical Association’s (AMA) released changes to the 2013 Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) codes which take effect on January 1, 2013.
- 2013 CPT Code Changes Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- 2013 CPT Code Changes Presentation Slides (PDF)
- 2013 CPT Code Changes Webinar Recording
- 2013 CPT Code Crosswalk (PDF)
- Tip Sheet for Submitting 2013 CPT Codes (PDF)
ValueOptions® continues to make changes to comply with the 10th modification to International Classification of Diseases (ICD) codes. ValueOptions will be compliant with the regulation and only accept ICD-10 codes on or after the official compliance date which is still to be determined by CMS and will cease to accept ICD-9 codes following the time parameters of the regulation. All providers should read the latest Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
- Substance Use Medical Necessity Criteria Changes
ValueOptions has updated our medical necessity criteria set for substance use cases. The revised criteria will go into effect on January 1, 2013 subject to specific contract require-ments. The substance use criteria are now structured to be consistent with our mental health medical necessity criteria which have not been affected.
- Duty to Warn Webinar Series
In the wake of recent high profile incidents of violence, ValueOptions presents the Duty to Warn webinar series. This presentation will review the legal and ethical issues and obli-gations faced by mental health providers when such events overlap clinical practice. We will begin with a review focusing on danger to self, which is more familiar to most practitioners and provides a basic set of guidelines that can then be used to understand the analogous principles involved in danger to others
- Mental Health Parity Act
The Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act of 2008 aligns mental health/substance use benefits and medical/surgical benefits for group health plans with more than 50 employees. PLEASE NOTE: Notification and review requirements may change or be modified to be in line with medical plans. For additional information, read the: Federal Mental Health Parity FAQ Document
- HIPAA 5010
In January 2009, the Modifications to HIPAA Electronic Transaction Standards Final Rule were published as part of the Health Insurance Reform. The Final Rule replaces current Version 4010 standards with Version 5010 standards and went into effect January 1, 2012. To learn more about HIPAA 5010 please read the FAQ document below:
- Fast, Easy and Convenient…ValueOptions® Online Recredentialing Webinars
We welcome our provider community to this interactive forum where ValueOptions® will introduce and discuss our Fast, Easy and Convenient way to complete your Online Recredentialing Application.
- Changes to the ValueOptions Facility Credentialing Criteria
- ValueOptions Greensm — Electronic Provider Authorization Letters
ValueOptions stopped mailing paper authorization letters to most of our commercial providers and other lines of business. Notices of new authorizations, and the letters themselves, are available on the ValueOptions online provider portal, ProviderConnect.
- Outpatient Detoxification Buprenorphine (Suboxone® or Subutex®) Maintenance Program
ValueOptions is now offering a program to several of our clients called the Outpatient Detoxification/Buprenorphine (Suboxone® or Subutex®) Maintenance Program. ValueOptions feels this program is necessary to help the estimated several million individuals who are suffering from abusing prescription medications and other opioids throughout our nation. To learn more about the Outpatient Detoxification Buprenorphine (Suboxone® or Subutex®) Maintenance Program please reference the materials below:
- ValueOptions Introduces Health Alert (Formally Known as ConciergeConnect)
ValueOptions is pleased to announce the availability of ValueOptions Health Alert, a novel appointment and medication reminder system for both providers and members. This system is available to all providers through the ValueOptions ProviderConnect application. Providers can easily set up outpatient appointment reminders, medication administration reminders and medication refill reminders for their ValueOptions members. Check out this new reminder system on the ProviderConnect Demo home page by clicking on “Enter Member Reminders.” ValueOptions® ProviderConnect demo
- Giving Value Back to the Provider Webinar Series
We welcome our provider community to this interactive forum where ValueOptions will introduce and discuss the new exciting initiatives for you, the provider. read more...
- ValueOptions On Track Outcomes Program
The ValueOptions On Track Outcomes program is designed to support providers as they help clients stay “on track” in achieving their goals. This program is based on the completion of the Client Feedback Form (CFF) by the client at set intervals during the course of receiving counseling services. This questionnaire, provided to the participant by the provider, takes approximately two minutes to complete. read more...
- Electronic Funds Transfer & PaySpan Health Information
Get paid faster with this FREE service
ValueOptions has begun implementing Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT), an enhanced payment and reconciliation system. Just a few of the numerous benefits include:
- No wait time for paper checks or paper vouchers to be printed and delivered
- Improved cash flow through automated payments
- Ability to export data into your Practice Management or Patient Account System
- News Archive
- May 2013 Newsletter - The Valued Provider (PDF)
- The Valued Provider Newsletter Archive